Spring-cleaning your fridge
1) Buy natural cleaners or make your own!
You can try and make your own. All you need is lemon essential oil, vinegar and water
2) Get rid of smells!
Most of us know you can put baking soda in the fridge to absorb odors, but try putting coffee grounds in a mason jar in the fridge to absorb odors
3) Ditch the junk
Do your own pantry raid
Check for expiration dates that have passed
Ditch condiments and dressings with more than 7 ingredients!
4) Aim for a Rainbow
Did you know fruits and vegetable colors are associated with the vitamins and minerals in them?
By filling up your cart and fridge with a rainbow of colors will make sure you’re getting the nutrients you need
Don’t forget to wash and pre-slice them so they’re all ready for you to eat when you’re hungry!
Italian Zucchini Noodle Salad
• 1 cup sweet corn kernels (2 medium ears) or frozen corn, thawed
• 3 medium zucchini
• 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
• ¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
• 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
• ¼ cup grated Fresh Thyme Parmesan cheese
• 1 recipe Balsamic Dressing
• ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1. In a large bowl, combine zucchini noodles, sweet corn, tomatoes, green pepper, mozzarella pearls, and Parmesan cheese.
2.Balsamic Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, ½ tsp. Fresh Thyme Dijon mustard, 1 clove minced garlic, ? tsp. salt, and ? tsp. freshly cracked black pepper.
3. Just before serving, stir Balsamic Dressing and basil into zucchini mixture.