Chelsey Coe's mom talks with FOX 45 as search continues in Sugarcreek

    Chelsey Coe's mom talks with FOX 45 as search continues in Sugarcreek (Photo shared with FOX 45 News by family)

    SUGARCREEK TWP., Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - With each month, week and day that goes by, Shula Woodworth holds out for her daughter.

    As time passes, hope is getting harder.

    "The pictures on Facebook, the smells you smell, the sayings you hear people say remind you of her," Woodworth told FOX 45's Shavon Anderson by phone Tuesday evening.

    Chelsey Coe was reported missing in September 2017. Since then, there's been barely any movement in the case.

    "You know, we might get a lead come in and then we don't hear anything back from it," Woodworth said. "We just sit here wondering."

    Tuesday morning, investigators got a new lead. The FBI, BCI and Miamisburg Police Department set up tents and trucks at Sugarcreek MetroPark, continuing the search.

    "We received information that shortly before she was reported missing that she may have been in this vicinity," said Miamisburg Chief John Sedlak.

    Authorities continue search for Chelsey Coe in Sugarcreek MetroPark

    GREENE COUNTY, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - The search for a missing Miamisburg woman continued Tuesday in Sugarcreek MetroPark. Multiple agencies including Miamisburg Police and FBI set up inside the park, which was closed until later in the afternoon. Miamisburg Police Chief John Sedlak said the search will continue for three days as investigators look for Chelsey Coe.

    From nearly two hours away, Shula told FOX 45 that she was upset officials didn't keep her updated on the efforts.

    "I have to find out from the news that they're searching for my daughter," she said. "You would've thought I'd gotten a phone call."

    This isn't the first time crews dug for evidence in Coe's disappearance. In May, investigators searched a property at 551 Lower Miamisburg Rd. There, crews drilled through concrete slabs in the backyard, sifted through a crawl space under the front porch and searched a vehicle. At the time, detectives took evidence, but no body.

    "I'd be shocked if you know, after all this time," Woodworth said. "It saddens my heart to think that. You've got to think reality."

    Woodworth said the family is working to raise reward money, hoping it'll bring someone forward.

    "Let us know what happened to her. That's all I want is just to know," she added. "I just want some kind of closure."

    Authorities told FOX 45 that investigators will continue their search at Sugarcreek MetroPark through Thursday.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...