FOX 45 News Team
- Amber Jayanth
- Christian Hauser
- Elyse Coulter
- Jason Puhr
- Kelly May
- Kristine Frazao
- Natalie Clark
- Natasha Williams
- Nicole Grigg
- Rhonda Moore
- Ann Reynolds
School delays and closings are updated every few minutes. Please refresh your browser to check for the latest information.
If your organization could be affected by a closure or delay, call 937-262-1400 to sign up for an account.
5-year-old disabled girl drowns at Ohio camp
July 31, 2015 21:32 GMT
CINCINNATI (AP) -- Authorities say a 5-year-old southwest Ohio girl drowned after she wandered away from a playground at a camp for disabled children and into a pond.
The Clermont County Sheriff's Office says Kylie Griffin of Batavia died Thursday at Camp Allyn in Batavia Township.
No criminal charges are being filed against anyone at the camp, which has been operating since 1963. The pond was surrounded by a fence that Kylie might have climbed over to get the water.
The Cincinnati Enquirer (http://cin.ci/1MzpOMl ) reports that it was one of two drownings of children this week in Clermont County, which is east of Cincinnati.
A 15-year-old boy's body was recovered early Friday after he was reported missing on William Harsha Lake at East Fork State Park on Thursday afternoon.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com
- Are people Getting The Message From Highway Fatality Signs?
- Salmonella Concern Prompts Walnut Recall
- Nutter Center Concert to Benefit Wounded Warriors
- Driver Escapes Gunfire, Crashes into Pole
- New Technology Can Take Picture Of Entire City Constantly
- UPDATE: Former UC Police Officer Bonds Out of Jail
- UPDATE: Huber Heights Doctor Arrested On Suspicion Of Rape
- Annual Bill Davenport Blood Drive in Englewood
- Trotwood-Madison Football Players Making a Difference in the Community
- Grand Jury Declines to Indict 2 UC Officers in DuBose Investigation
- Job Fair Set for Saturday in West Carrollton
- DC Police Identify Driver of Car That Crashed Into Capitol Barricade
- Former UC Officer Ray Tensing Files Grievance to Get Job Back
- Doctor Accused of Rape at MetroPark Pleads Not Guilty
- Experimental Ebola Vaccine Could Stop Virus in West Africa
- Centerville Police Hosting Open House on Saturday
- Why the Conversation Over Drug Testing Welfare Applicants Continues
- Health Agency: Two Ohioans Diagnosed with West Nile Virus
- Ohio State Fair Breaks Opening Day Attendance Record
- Father Guilty of Injecting Son with Heroin Sentenced
- 'Ghost Robber' Sentenced for Crime Sprees
- Beijing Selected to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Safety Concerns as 'Responsible Ohio' Works to Meet Marijuana Signature Deadline
- UC Police Officer Charged with Murder in Traffic Stop Shooting
- Four Buckeyes Suspended First Game For Rules Violation
- Caught on Camera: Exorcism at the Park
- Update: Car Into Church in West Chester
- Neighbors Evacuate after Vacant House Fire Spreads
- Latest: Police Chief: German Township Standoff Prompted by Hoax
- Beavercreek Police, Fire Hosting Blood Drive
- 5-year-old disabled girl drowns at Ohio camp
- Pot legalization group reports spending $2 million in effort
- Ballot campaigns, statewide officers report fundraising
- No charges against 2 officers in traffic stop shooting probe
- Buckeye Lake plan gets OK from US Army Corps of Engineers
- Man accused of killing neighbor, running her over with mower
- Campus officer charged with murder in Ohio wants job back
- Police: 4-year-old girl shot in head in Cincinnati drive-by
- Woman gets 15 years to life for husband's antifreeze death
- Ohio pizza deliveryman killed en route to vacant property
Mom to Mom
If you have any good Mom-to-Mom stories, email Deborah Linz
City In Crisis
Miami Valley Crime StoppersIf you have information about a crime that has occurred, call Miami Valley Crime Stoppers at 937-222-7867 (STOP) 800-637-5735, 24 hours a day. Callers can remain anonymous.
Border CrisisGet the latest developments on the border control issue!
Chefs CornerWe often invite local chefs into our studio kitchen to demonstrate their cooking techniques and recipes. Watch those video segments on this page.
Pay It ForwardElk & Elk, FOX45, and ABC22 recognize the good deeds of people and organizations who make the Miami Valley a better place.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Secrets Of A ThiefWe expose the "Secrets Of A Thief". Sponsored by Shiver Security.
No Text ZoneTexting While Driving Kills Thousands of People Each Year. Many More are Seriously Injured. You Can Help Make Our Roads a NO TEXT ZONE.
Behind the HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Town HallJoin in as our expert panel discusses jobs in Ohio
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
On Time TrafficGet the latest traffic information and updates here!
School ClosingsGet the list of all closings and delays for schools and businesses within the area, and sign up for text alerts!
Save Local TVFind out how you can save local TV right here!
Raw NewsWatch raw, unedited and uncensored news stories right here!
Pump PatrolFind the lowest gas prices, check out local and national price trends, report low prices and get fuel saving tips!
Political PulseArmstrong Williams is a pugnacious, provocative and principled voice for conservatives and Christian values in America's public debates.
News LinksThese links were chosen by the newsroom for their newsworthy content. These sites enhance the news stories that aired on the newscast on the dates cited.
Menard's Around the HouseMenards Around the House how-to videos give you tips for those much needed home improvements!
On the MoveGet the latest news and more on your mobile phone!
Good MorningIt's Fun, it's fresh, the way mornings should be!
Top StoriesGet up to the minute information from across Ohio in our Top Stories section!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments or any groups are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
US wage growth falls to record-slow pace in 2nd quarter
WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. wages and benefits grew in the spring at the slowest pace in 33 years, stark evidence that stronger hiring hasn't boosted pay. The slowdown also reflects a sharp drop-off in bonus and incentive pay.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
BETTY WHITE - CECIL
BEVERLY HILLS, California (AP) -- Betty White is known as a big-time animal rights activist.
ROCKAWAY, N.J. (AP) -- It's not exactly quality time with grandma.
IN THE NEWS: BUSINESSMAN FINDS PHONE AFTER IT FALLS OUT OF PLANE
WICHITA FALLS, Texas (AP) -- A Texas businessman is thanking his technological stars for helping him find his iPhone after it fell out of a plane during a flight from Houston.
Tonight on FOX 45
7:00 pm ..... The Big Bang Theory
7:30 pm ..... Modern Family
8:00 pm ..... MasterChef
9:00 pm ..... Gotham
10:00 pm ... FOX 45 News at Ten
11:00 pm ... Modern Family
11:30 pm ... Mike & Molly
12:00 am ... Mike & Molly
12:30 am ... The Simpsons
1:00 am ..... Two and a Half Men
1:30 am ..... Two and a Half Men
2:00 am ..... The Office