FOX 45 News Team
- Amber Jayanth
- Christian Hauser
- Jason Puhr
- Kelly May
- Kristine Frazao
- Lisa Smith
- Natasha Williams
- Nicole Grigg
- Rhonda Moore
- James Rider
- Ann Reynolds
Low: 50 Winds: NE 8-12 mph
Tomorrow: An Early Shower is Possible with Decreasing Clouds through the Day ...
School delays and closings are updated every few minutes. Please refresh your browser to check for the latest information.
If your organization could be affected by a closure or delay, call 937-262-1400 to sign up for an account.
Bill would ban sexual conduct between school staff, students
October 04, 2015 09:49 GMT
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- An Ohio lawmaker wants to add school employees to the list of those who could face criminal charges for engaging in sexual conduct with minor students.
Currently, the law applies to teachers, administrators and other authority figures but not staff such as janitors or cafeteria workers.
State Rep. Christina Hagan's bill would expand the sexual battery offense to include any school employee at least four years older than the student. It also would bar college employees from engaging in sexual activity with minor students who are at least four years younger.
Hagan says the bill closes a loophole in the law.
The House unanimously passed the measure this past Wednesday, sending it to the Senate.
Several House Democrats expressed misgivings about the bill, saying it could have unintended consequences.
- Emily Spears Memorial Event Drawing Awareness about Suicide Prevention
- More than 500 Turn Out for Pink Ribbon Girls' Ignite the Fight
- Woman Killed, 3 Others Injured in Darke Co. Crash
- Kings Island Features 'Dog Days' This Month
- Woman Sought in Butler County Bank Robbery
- Two Gunmen Sought After Man is Shot Outside Keowee Taco Bell
- UPDATE: Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Shot in Dayton
- Kricket's Shooting Suspect Turns Himself In
- Fighting Back: What To Do in a Mass Shooting Scenario
- Pilot Helps Celebrate X-15's Move Into New Air Force Museum Building
- Maine Town Becomes Unlikely Refuge for Somalis Seeking Asylum
- Trump on Syrian Refugees: 'I'd Take None'
- Oregon Gunman was Army Dropout Who Studied Mass Shooters
- Man at Umpqua College Shot 5 Times Trying to Keep Shooter From Entering Classroom
- Fire Destroys West Dayton Home; Neighbors Shocked
- Early Voting Begins Tuesday, October 6
- Prosecutor: Unapologetic Bradley Harmon Sentenced for Shooting Girl in the Face
- Suspect Arrested in Josh Hise Beating Death
- Nurse Guilty of Failing to Report Neglect in Makayla Norman Case
- Suspect from The Spot Robbery Arrested After Chase
- Sheriff Maintains Position On Gun Control After Oregon Shooting
- Sheriff Jones Says He Won't Run For Boehner's Seat In Congress
- Emily Sears Memorial Benefit
- Health Departments Open Ebola Hotline
- Pay It Forward: Crayons to Classrooms
- 29 People Indicted On Drug Charges In Sidney
- Wall of Justice: Woman Caught on Camera Using Stolen Credit Cards
- Thieves Ripping Parts From Cars for their Precious Metal
- Local Colleges Prepared for Security Threats, But Still Worried
- Presidential Candidates Comment on Shooting
- Bill would ban sexual conduct between school staff, students
- Ohio's AG: About 9,000 rape kits tested for DNA matches
- Death penalty opponents walk to protest capital punishment
- NY woman accused in Ohio of contaminating son's feeding tube
- Crisis-hit Apollo 13 astronaut honored in Ohio
- Center starts program to help youngsters detox from opiates
- FBI joins search for Ohio toddler reported missing by family
- Public defender says court appointed defense pays little
- Ohio authorities searching for toddler reported missing
- Cleveland asks state to help pay for Public Square project
Online Crime Information
Connect to Congress
City In Crisis
Miami Valley Crime StoppersIf you have information about a crime that has occurred, call Miami Valley Crime Stoppers at 937-222-7867 (STOP) 800-637-5735, 24 hours a day. Callers can remain anonymous.
Border CrisisGet the latest developments on the border control issue!
Chefs CornerWe often invite local chefs into our studio kitchen to demonstrate their cooking techniques and recipes. Watch those video segments on this page.
Pay It ForwardElk & Elk, FOX45, and ABC22 recognize the good deeds of people and organizations who make the Miami Valley a better place.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Secrets Of A ThiefWe expose the "Secrets Of A Thief". Sponsored by Shiver Security.
No Text ZoneTexting While Driving Kills Thousands of People Each Year. Many More are Seriously Injured. You Can Help Make Our Roads a NO TEXT ZONE.
Town HallJoin in as our expert panel discusses jobs in Ohio
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
On Time TrafficGet the latest traffic information and updates here!
School ClosingsGet the list of all closings and delays for schools and businesses within the area, and sign up for text alerts!
Save Local TVFind out how you can save local TV right here!
Raw NewsWatch raw, unedited and uncensored news stories right here!
Pump PatrolFind the lowest gas prices, check out local and national price trends, report low prices and get fuel saving tips!
Political PulseArmstrong Williams is a pugnacious, provocative and principled voice for conservatives and Christian values in America's public debates.
News LinksThese links were chosen by the newsroom for their newsworthy content. These sites enhance the news stories that aired on the newscast on the dates cited.
Menard's Around the HouseMenards Around the House how-to videos give you tips for those much needed home improvements!
On the MoveGet the latest news and more on your mobile phone!
Good MorningIt's Fun, it's fresh, the way mornings should be!
Get up to the minute information from across Ohio in our Top Stories section!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments or any groups are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
US hiring slows in September amid slower global growth
WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. hiring slowed sharply last month and previous job gains were revised lower amid a broad slowdown in the global economy.
BILL COSBY - NEW INVESTIGATION
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- So far, Bill Cosby has never been charged with a crime -- despite dozens of women coming forward to claim he sexually assaulted them, in some cases after drugging them.
THAT'S "ONE WAY" TO ADOPT A PUPPY
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) -- And they called it puppy love -- and with good reason, too.
IN THE NEWS: T-MOBILE DATA HACK
NEW YORK (AP) -- It's nervous time for subscribers of T-Mobile.
Tonight on FOX 45
11:00 am ... FOX NFL Kickoff
12:00 pm ... FOX NFL Sunday
1:00 pm ..... NFL Football (Philadelphia @ Washington)
4:00 pm ..... NFL Football (Green Bay @ San Fransisco)
7:30 pm ..... The OT
8:00 pm ..... The Simpsons
8:30 pm ..... Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9:00 pm ..... Family Guy
9:30 pm ..... The Last Man on Earth
10:00 pm ... FOX 45 News at Ten
10:30 pm ... Ring of Honor Wrestling