FOX 45 News Team
- Amber Watson
- Christian Hauser
- Elyse Coulter
- Jason Puhr
- Kelly May
- Kristine Frazao
- Natalie Clark
- Natasha Williams
- Nicole Grigg
- Rhonda Moore
- Ann Reynolds
School delays and closings are updated every few minutes. Please refresh your browser to check for the latest information.
If your organization could be affected by a closure or delay, call 937-262-1400 to sign up for an account.
Visiting judge to hear former Ohio county auditor's case
July 04, 2015 19:55 GMT
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) -- The case of a northwest Ohio county auditor charged in a corruption scheme and accused of illegally using government-owned computers will be heard by a visiting judge.
The Vindicator in Youngstown reports (http://bit.ly/1HDIAQA ) Mahoning County Common Pleas Court Judge Shirley Christian has recused herself from hearing the case of Michael Sciortino (shor-TEE'-noh). None of the county's judges will hear his case.
The former Mahoning County auditor pleaded not guilty last month to 21 counts of unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications property and four counts of theft in office.
Sciortino had already been charged with 22 criminal counts in a separate case for allegedly trying to help a businessman prevent county commissioners from moving county offices out of a building owned by the businessman's company.
He has denied the charges.
- Three in Hospital after Stabbing
- People in Miami Valley Explain What Independence Day Means to Them
- Dayton Korean War Memorial Vandalized
- Folks in Piqua Celebrate the Fourth of July
- Boonshoft Museum Holds Annual Event
- Urbana 8-year-old shares Same-Sex Marriage opinion
- Car crash sends driver to hospital
- Americana Parade and Festival
- Family 411: Gray Divorce
- Clerk Denies Same-Sex Marriage License, Stating It's Against Her Religious Principles
- NEW DETAILS: Victim Shot in Face, Suspect Takes Own Life
- Clark County Ride Along with OSP
- Final Independence Day Preparations Underway
- One Taken to Hospital After Riverside Fire
- UPDATE: Dayton Man Reported Missing Saturday Found Safe
- Accident on 35 West Causes Lanes to Close
- Car Lands on Top After Riverside Drive Crash
- Developing: Child Struck by Car in Dayton
- Drug Endangered Child Found After Early-Morning Search
- 'Ahmad Strong' Wristbands in Support of Fellow Kettering Wrestler
- Dayton Man Commits Home Invasion 17 Days After Receiving Probation for Dollar General Robbery
- UPDATE: Statement Released on Behalf of Man Killed by Officer in Motorcyle Crash
- Record Number of Construction Projects Could Delay Holiday Traffic in Ohio
- Pilot Saves Own Bacon, Glides Pig-Shaped Balloon After Crash
- Free Cab Rides Available for July 4th Weekend
- Clark County Deputies Charge 2 With Underage Sales
- WATCH: Pygmy Goats Play Musical Chairs
- Airline Probe Would Need Proof Beyond Business as Usual
- Area Fireworks Shows
- Record Traffic Expected This Holiday Weekend
- Visiting judge to hear former Ohio county auditor's case
- Franklin County jail to begin serving fresh-cut french fries
- Ohio soybean, corn fields drowning from recent downpours
- Fewer Ohioans getting GEDs after price of test triples
- Ohio activist group loses drilling lawsuit, plans to appeal
- Ohio community seeks clues, fights fear after 6 women vanish
- $35M hangar at Air Force museum in Dayton nearing completion
- Police: 2 children in critical condition after home shooting
- Wildlife group: Bird ban hurts educational presentations
- Revisions made in Ohio city's plan to cope with gun violence
City In Crisis
Miami Valley Crime StoppersIf you have information about a crime that has occurred, call Miami Valley Crime Stoppers at 937-222-7867 (STOP) 800-637-5735, 24 hours a day. Callers can remain anonymous.
Border CrisisGet the latest developments on the border control issue!
Chefs CornerWe often invite local chefs into our studio kitchen to demonstrate their cooking techniques and recipes. Watch those video segments on this page.
Pay It ForwardElk & Elk, FOX45, and ABC22 recognize the good deeds of people and organizations who make the Miami Valley a better place.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Secrets Of A ThiefWe expose the "Secrets Of A Thief". Sponsored by Shiver Security.
No Text ZoneTexting While Driving Kills Thousands of People Each Year. Many More are Seriously Injured. You Can Help Make Our Roads a NO TEXT ZONE.
Behind the HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Town HallJoin in as our expert panel discusses jobs in Ohio
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
On Time TrafficGet the latest traffic information and updates here!
School ClosingsGet the list of all closings and delays for schools and businesses within the area, and sign up for text alerts!
Save Local TVFind out how you can save local TV right here!
Raw NewsWatch raw, unedited and uncensored news stories right here!
Pump PatrolFind the lowest gas prices, check out local and national price trends, report low prices and get fuel saving tips!
Political PulseArmstrong Williams is a pugnacious, provocative and principled voice for conservatives and Christian values in America's public debates.
News LinksThese links were chosen by the newsroom for their newsworthy content. These sites enhance the news stories that aired on the newscast on the dates cited.
Menard's Around the HouseMenards Around the House how-to videos give you tips for those much needed home improvements!
On the MoveGet the latest news and more on your mobile phone!
Good MorningIt's Fun, it's fresh, the way mornings should be!
Top StoriesGet up to the minute information from across Ohio in our Top Stories section!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments or any groups are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Applications for US jobless aid rise to still-low 281,000
WASHINGTON (AP) -- More people sought U.S. unemployment benefits last week, but the level of applications is still low and points to an improving job market.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 --
Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted
ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green
JULY FOURTH BOX OFFICE
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- It's magic versus Arnold at the nation's movie theaters this holiday weekend.
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) -- Some Detroit-area cops are dealing with some real animals.
IN THE NEWS: PHILADELPHIA LEGALIZES AIRBNB-TYPE RENTALS BEFORE POPE VISIT
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Philadelphia has legalized and plans to tax Airbnb and other short-term rentals ahead of Pope Francis' visit in September and next year's Democratic National Convention.
Tonight on FOX 45
4:00 pm ..... 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup (Match for Third Place)
6:00 pm ..... The Big Bang Theory
6:30 pm ..... The Big Bang Theory
7:00 pm ..... MLB (Milwaukee @ Cincinnati)
10:00 pm ... FOX 45 News at Ten
10:30 pm ... The Big Bang Theory
11:00 pm ... Animation Domination High-Def