Protein powder recipes
Basic Protein Bites Recipe – yields about 18 bites
• 2 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
• 1/2 cup nut butter
• 1/4 cup sticky sweetener
• 1 cup oats
• extras as desired (chia seeds, etc.)
1. Mix together your dry ingredients first.
2. In a separate bowl, combine nut butter and sticky sweetener (if desired, microwave for about 8 seconds for easier mixing).
3. Add sticky ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
4. Add your extras if desired. Roll into balls and chill before eating!
Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins with Peanut Butter – yields about 6
Gluten free, even the frosting is packed with protein!
Ingredients for the muffins:
• ¾ cup Meijer 100% pure pumpkin (can)
• 2 tbsp Almond milk
• 2 eggs
• 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for the frosting:
• 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
• 1 tbsp sugar or sugar substitute (stevia works well)
• 2 tbsp Meijer creamy peanut butter
• 2 tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
2. Combine all muffin ingredients except chocolate chips in a mixing bowl and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
3. Fold chocolate chips in and scoop into a muffin tin.
4. Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of a muffin.
5. Remove from the muffin tin and allow to cool on a rack.
6. In a medium bowl, combine vanilla protein powder, sweetener, peanut butter and almond milk.
7. Whisk until completely smooth and add more almond milk if necessary.
8. Spread frosting on cooled muffins and enjoy!