Ohio nurses treating overdose patient exposed to fentanyl
MASSILLON, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - Three nurses in Ohio who were helping treat a person who was overdosing ended up being exposed to fentanyl.
It happened in Massillon, which is outside of Canton. Police say the nurses were working at Affinity Medical Center when they were exposed to the drug. "They were cleaning up the room and started to feel sick and then that left them waking up in a hospital bed basically," said Detective Shaun Dadisman from Massillon Police.
The nurses were treated with narcan, according to police, which reverses the affects of an opioid overdose.