Man accused in fatal Hoover Ave. shooting planned to rob victim, prosecutor says
DAYTON, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - A 18-year-old Dayton man has been indicted for the shooting death of another man on Hoover Avenue earlier this month.
Michael Wood, 18, faces four counts of murder, two counts of aggravated robbery, two counts of felonious assault and two counts of pandering sexually oriented material involving a minor. According to the Montgomery County Prosecutor, Wood and a 17-year-old girl planned to rob Elroy Facey, 41. On May 3 on Hoover Avenue, the prosecutor says the teen girl was performing a sex act on Facey inside a vehicle when Wood shot him. Facey tried to run away, but prosecutors say Wood chased him down and shot him a second time.
Wood is being held in the Montgomery County Jail on $1 million bond. He will be arraigned on the morning of May 16. the prosecutor's office says there has been a motion filed to prosecute the teen girl as an adult.